Working with Diverse Families
"Very knowledgeable trainer. Can clearly see she has a heart for what she does and the families she sees."
Being culturally aware, sensitive and competent is a challenge which must be met by all professionals and programs wishing to develop or expand their services for families. In this one-day training, attendees will:
- Develop self-awareness of how one's own culture impacts interaction with families.
- Learn how culture impacts parenting styles and child development.
- Develop strategies to discuss culture and child development with parents.
Offers 6 professional development hours and/or .6 CEU credits.
Approved for Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator program through the National Council on Family Relations.
- 3 Years to Kindergarten Entry
- Addressing Autism Within Families
- Group Facilitation Skills
- Partnering with Teen Parents
- Life Skills Progression
- Neurotoxins: Their Effects on Development, Learning and Behavior
- Parents and Children at Play
- Supporting Care Providers Through Personal Visits
- Supporting Families of Children With Special Needs
- Working With Diverse Families