Which training pathway is right for you?
1. One pathway begins and ends with Foundational Training
For those organizations that cannot meet requirements for model replication, this pathway lays the foundation for home visiting as a methodology within the early childhood system. You will have annual “approved user” access to online materials. Register for Foundational Training only.
Foundational Training Description (register)
This three-day training lays the foundation for the Parents as Teachers approach to home visitation within an early childhood system. Coursework centers around three main areas of emphasis:
- Parent-Child Interaction – enhancing child development and supporting the development of positive parenting behaviors
- Development-Centered Parenting – understanding parents’ perspectives and facilitating parenting decisions around developmental topics
- Family Well-Being – recognizing the impact of the family system on child development and partnering with parents to strengthen protective factors.
Cost to access the online Foundational Curriculum is included in the training fee. Successful completion of Foundational Training results in approved use of the Foundational Curriculum. Individuals from affiliated programs can continue on to Model Implementation Training to achieve model certification. (Foundational Training is encouraged but not required for new supervisors.) Peek inside the Foundational Curriculum Table of Contents
2. One pathway leads to Parents as Teachers affiliation
This is the pathway to high quality replication and strong, significant outcomes for children. Our goal is to help your organization fully understand and put into practice those things that make a quality Parents as Teachers affiliate. Organizations interested in affiliation must meet the essential requirements, perform a Readiness Reflection, and complete an Affiliate Plan. After completing training, individuals will have annual “certified parent educator” access to online materials and programs will have “affiliate” status. Helpful tools to complete your Affiliate Plan:
Model Implementation Training Description (register)
This two-day training builds on Foundational Training and is designed for parent educators and supervisors whose programs meet the requirements for affiliation. Model Implementation Training incorporates the Parents as Teachers Quality Assurance Guidelines and offers implementation strategies that help your organization fully understand and bring to life quality Parents as Teachers services. Learn how to successfully replicate the Parents as Teachers model and explore strategies and program components not covered in Foundational Training.
To attend this training, your organization must have an affiliate plan on file. The cost of the Model Implementation Guide is included in the training fee. Participants who successfully complete both the Foundational and Model Implementation trainings become model certified. Model Implementation Training is required for new supervisors.
For information about the Parents as Teachers Pricing Structure, click here.
3. Retraining for existing parent educators (register)
Born to Learn certified parent educators will attend Foundational Training and be introduced to new concepts for working with families. It will assure a smooth transition for those trained in the Born to Learn approach as they move toward model fidelity. Click here to see what’s different about the new Parents as Teachers approach.
- Cancellations received more than 10 business days prior to the first day of training will be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received 10 days or less prior to the first day of training will be refunded at 90% of the training fee.
- Failure to appear at the training without canceling in advance will result in forfeiture of the training fee in full.