Which training pathway is right for you?
1. One pathway begins and ends with Foundational Training
For those organizations that cannot meet requirements for model replication, this pathway lays the foundation for home visiting as a methodology within the early childhood system. You will have annual “approved user” access to online materials. Register for Foundational Training only.
Foundational Training Description (register)
This three-day training lays the foundation for the Parents as Teachers approach to home visitation within an early childhood system. Coursework centers around three main areas of emphasis:
- Parent-Child Interaction – enhancing child development and supporting the development of positive parenting behaviors
- Development-Centered Parenting – understanding parents’ perspectives and facilitating parenting decisions around developmental topics
- Family Well-Being – recognizing the impact of the family system on child development and partnering with parents to strengthen protective factors.
Cost to access the online Foundational Curriculum is included in the training fee. Successful completion of Foundational Training results in approved use of the Foundational Curriculum. Individuals from affiliated programs can continue on to Model Implementation Training to achieve model certification. (Foundational Training is encouraged but not required for new supervisors.) Peek inside the Foundational Curriculum Table of Contents
2. One pathway leads to Parents as Teachers affiliation
This is the pathway to high quality replication and strong, significant outcomes for children. Our goal is to help your organization fully understand and put into practice those things that make a quality Parents as Teachers affiliate. Organizations interested in affiliation must meet the essential requirements, perform a Readiness Reflection, and complete an Affiliate Plan. After completing training, individuals will have annual “certified parent educator” access to online materials and programs will have “affiliate” status. Use this guide to help you in completing your Affiliate Plan [download]. Helpful tools to complete your Affiliate Plan:
- Budget Toolkit
- Budget Toolkit Appendix (Sample Budgets)
- Approved Developmental Screening Tools Chart
Model Implementation Training Description (register)
This two-day training builds on Foundational Training and is designed for parent educators and supervisors whose programs meet the requirements for affiliation. Model Implementation Training incorporates the Parents as Teachers Quality Assurance Guidelines and offers implementation strategies that help your organization fully understand and bring to life quality Parents as Teachers services. Learn how to successfully replicate the Parents as Teachers model and explore strategies and program components not covered in Foundational Training.
To attend this training, your organization must have an affiliate plan on file (click here for a guide to completing the affiliate plan). The cost of the Model Implementation Guide is included in the training fee. Participants who successfully complete both the Foundational and Model Implementation trainings become model certified. Model Implementation Training is required for new supervisors.
For information about the Parents as Teachers Pricing Structure, click here.
- If you cancel more than 10 business days prior to the first day of training, your training fee will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel 10 days or less prior to the first day of training, 90% of the training fee will be refunded.
- Failure to appear at the training without canceling in advance will result in forfeiture of the training fee in full.
- Parents as Teachers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, full registration fees will be refunded, but Parents as Teachers is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees or any expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation. If Parents as Teachers cancels a class, registrants will be notified at the email addresses provided at the time of registration.
To notify Parents as Teachers concerning a cancellation, not related to inclement weather: Email your order receipt/order number to email@example.com with “Cancellation” in the subject line and the order number within the body of the email. If you don’t have your order receipt numbers contact the national office for that information.
- Please note: emails must be sent, phone calls to Parents as Teachers staff will not constitute compliance of the cancellation policy.
- A registration can’t be transferred to a different training event or person. If you need to change the person registered or the date/location of a registration, cancel the original order and create a new registration order.
To notify Parents as Teachers concerning a cancellation due to inclement weather (i.e. ice, storms, heavy snows, flooding):If you are unable to attend a training due to severe weather conditions, the national office or training contact must be contacted before the end of the first day of the scheduled training in order to receive your refund or to transfer classes. Failure to do so will result in a full forfeiture of all training fees. National office contacts for the accounting and training departments:
- 314-432-4330 ask for accounts receivable
Please include your order number in all correspondences.