Travel and Lodging
Make your hotel reservation NOW!
Atlanta Marriott Marquis
265 Peachtree Center Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia 30303 USA
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
Reservation deadline: September 10, 2013
(or until hotel room block sells out)
Guest room rate
Parents as Teachers has negotiated a special group rate of $129 per night (single and double; $20 for each additional guest). Be sure to mention Parents as Teachers when you make your hotel reservation in order to receive this discounted rate. This rate will be available until September 10, 2013 or until the hotel is sold out. Don't delay; make your reservation online or by calling 1-888-855-5701.
Hotel highlights include:
- Conveniently located in Peachtree Center, with indoor MARTA access and just 15 miles from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Steps from the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola; blocks from CNN Center, Georgia World Congress Center, Philips Arena, and Georgia Dome
- Unique dining options include Pulse, Sear, High Velocity and Starbucks
- 24 hour fitness center
All reservation requests require a credit card or a first night room deposit within 14 days after the guestroom is confirmed by the hotel. Personal checks or a valid major credit card will be needed for the deposit. Deposits will be refunded for rooms cancelled more than 72 hours prior to arrival. Name changes to room reservations may be made up to ONE day prior to arrival at no charge.
Debit/credit card usage at check-in
Whether a debit or credit card, the card you provide at check-in will have funds held by your bank for the amount of your total guest room charges plus $50/day for incidentals. It is not a charge, but an authorization to verify your account has substantial funds to cover the total estimated charges. This amount may not be accessible to you for up to 5 days after check-out, at which time the actual charges for your stay will be processed.
No show policy
Notify the hotel 72 hours prior to the scheduled day of arrival of a room cancellation to avoid an additional charge for one night’s room and tax.
Parking at hotel:
Parking expenses are not validated.
- Valet: $32 daily; $36 for oversized vehicles -- no buses, RV's or Dualies. Valet hourly rates apply up to six hours.
- Off-site parking is available for $4 hourly; $20 daily
Transportation (airport to/from hotel)
There are several travel options from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Internation Airport to the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
- MARTA: a public subway service that will cost $2.50 one way. MARTA's airport station is attached to the airport right off baggage claim -- just follow the Ground Transportation signs. From the airport, take either the red or gold line to Peachtree Center. It is approximately a 20-minute ride to the hotel.
- Shuttle: The Atlanta Airport Shuttle Service (TAASS): Tickets are $16.50 one way; $29 roundtrip. TAASS is the official Share Ride Shuttle service provider at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and operates from 6 a.m. to 12 midnight. Shuttels leave every 15 minutes from the airport. Tickets can be purchased onsite (just follow the Ground Transportation signs) or online.
- Taxi Cab: Approximately $32 one way.
Travel agency: The official travel agency for the Parents as Teachers Conference is Gwin's Travel. Please contact them at (800) 433-9211, and they will gladly assist you with your travel plans.