Accounts Payable Assistant
Summary: Parents as Teachers is looking for a part-time Accounts Payable Assistant who will be responsible for the processing and submitting for payment all Parents as Teachers invoicing.
- Handle all vendor inquiries.
- Process all accounts payable invoices for payment.
- Prepare accounts payable checks.
- Process accounts payable reports, maintain all accounts payable files, and prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
Education: High School diploma with two years college preferred, but not necessary.
Experience: At least two years experience in accounting functions required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Accounting software, Internet software and Spreadsheet software required.
Summary: Parents as
- News tracking and pitching stories to media
- Writing newsletter stories and news releases, and proofreading
- Assisting with social media efforts and the PAT website
- Assisting special events, planning and follow-up
- Managing media and communications databases
- Junior level or above, in marketing, journalism or communication-related majors, with solid news/feature writing skills, ability to work on multiple projects, and knowledge of web and social media outreach. All applicants must provide writing samples.
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint;and Excel.
"Forget all of those horror stories you have heard about internships, the Parents as
"Be prepared to make a meaningful contribution. You'll have meetings scheduled and assignments on day one. I wrote blogs, feature stories, and press releases for the Parents as Teachers website and newsletter, all with constructive feedback along the way. In this internship, your effort and progress are measurable, which will prove very helpful when discussing your time here with future employers." Jacob
"Everyone was professional and friendly! I truly enjoyed my time at Parents as Teachers and felt a part of their team. I gained experience working closely with professionals in marketing communications completing real world projects from start to finish. I met a lot of great people who have helped me jumpstart my career in communications." Stephanie
“At Parents as Teachers, I was able to take charge of my own projects, contribute a large portion of an important project to the organization, and walk away with several pieces for my portfolio. It’s a dream internship!” Maria