Why our model is an evidence-based home visiting model
More than a dozen outcome studies have been conducted on the effects of the Parents as Teachers model. Studies published in peer-reviewed journals show statistically significant and sustained effects. Outcome data have been collected on more than 16,000 children and parents.
Evaluations of Parents as Teachers have been supported by the state of Missouri and other states, independent school districts, private foundations, universities and research organizations. With each new evaluation, we continue to learn about the children and families served by Parents as Teachers and the long-term impacts on communities.
More information about our programs:
- See who programs are serving in the 2014-2015 Affiliate Performance Report infographic and two-page summary.
- See the 2013-2014 version here and the 2012-2013 version here.
More information about our evidence:
- Named as an approved home visiting model meeting the evidence-based criteria of the Maternal, Infant, Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) program
- Our listing in CBCAP’s evidence-based program directory
- Our review on SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Program and Practices
- Our inclusion as one of ACF Children's Bureau funded evidence-based home visiting models used to prevent maltreatment