How you can get involved...
- Engage with policy makers. Hear about the latest issues and communicate with your elected officials.
- Tell your story. Know of a great Parents as Teachers story? Share it here.
- Write a letter to the editor.
- Legislative Updates:
Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program in Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148)
The landmark healthcare reform bill signed into law on March 23, 2010 includes a significant new investment in evidence-based home visitation programs through the new created Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program. States and tribal organizations will be eligible for $1.5 billion in mandatory funds over a five-year period.
- See the bill and the bill summary.
- View how Parents as Teachers meets the criteria for evidence-based home visiting models, state benchmarks and participant outcomes included in the law.
- Summary issued by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- First Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program, created through the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Check out the proposed criteria for evidence of effectiveness for home visiting programs through the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program. Read Parents as Teachers' comments on the criteria here.
- View the Supplemental Information Request for the Submission of the Statewide Needs Assessment.